Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 21: Money Stresses

 We're well into week 21 and quickly realizing how expensive Baby Girl Legg really is going to be. I wasn't totally naive to the costs of kids, but wow. Figuring out how we're going to afford maternity leave and then childcare is no joke. How does anyone afford daycare?! Coming in at at least a quarter of my paycheck is just absolutely insane! I really need to start cutting off my spending on baby gear so we can start saving, especially after adding some mommy/daughter matching Toms to the list of purchases:



Anyways, in brighter news, our Disney princess silhouettes came in the mail and I mounted them on some scrapbook paper and framed them so they're already to hang on Baby Girl's wall once we get it all painted. SO excited with how they turned out!


Adorable, right?! 

We also went to the Baby Expo this past Saturday. It was fun but really tiring...a lot of walking and a LOT of people. We ended up winning a baby food maker at the "Make Your Own Baby Food" seminar, but after some discussion I think we've decided to take it to Target and return it for store credit since our food processor will get the same job done.

We also went and bought all the paint for baby's room on Sunday, as well as paint for the kitchen (the only other room in the house we haven't painted yet) so now I really have no excuse on making any more purchases for a while since we've got plenty to keep us busy!


How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 6 lbs total
Maternity clothes? Nothing besides belly bands and maternity leggings required yet
Sleep? I've been sleeping better than last week, but I still ALWAYS wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom and I'm ALWAYS awake before my alarm. Very annoying.
Stretch marks? None yet
Best moment this week: Jon feeling even more kicks!
Miss Anything? Having disposable income to spare?
Movement: She's a kicking machine! Jon gets to feel kicks often now, especially Sunday night when she was kicking the crap out of me!
Food Cravings: Cheesecake, potato chips, Fig Newtons, chocolate, anything spicy, pizza with ranch, anything with ranch...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still haven't braved meat yet
Have you started to show yet: Yup!
Gender: Girl :-)
Pregnancy Symptoms: Nothing but back pain!
Wedding rings on or offOn
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Stressed, but happy!
Looking forward to: Still waiting on warmer weather around here and I'm excited to go register for baby stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're still staying happy despite the stresses--money stuff is definitely always really stressful, especially now that you have a third person coming in, but I know you've got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matching Toms. You will have to let me know if there is anything I can bring over to Florida in October and ship to you whilst there from the UK. Childcare costs seems to be the biggest problem anywhere. You want to spend time at home with her but feel the pressure to go back to work.

    Have you thought of names?

    ReplyDelete