Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 17: Where is Spring?!

I'm so anxious for spring to get here! Acomodating my belly will be so much easier when I'm able to choose sundresses over leggings and sweaters. But here in Minnesota, two days away from the first day of spring 2013, and schools are shut down due to a winter storm warning with more snow expected and wind chills reaching -20 degrees by tomorrow. WHY?!

 
 
How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Well I'm not really sure because I think our scale is broken. When I went to weigh myself this morning it said I was down 10 lbs and I'm pretty positive that there is no way that that's possible. So until either our next doctor's appointment or I get a new scale, I'll keep it at -1 overall.
Maternity clothes? I did get to wear one of my maternity shirts on Saturday for our St. Patrick's Day celebrating, but it was totally unnecessary. I just wore it because it was easier to stretch down over my leggings, but I'll still count it.
Stretch marks? None yet
Best moment this week: Eating Chipotle again! I had had an aversion to it for quite awhile since it was one of the last things I ate before morning sickness began, but I pounded the biggest veggie burrito I've ever seen on Saturday.
Miss Anything? Sushi, margaritas, and now hot dogs join the list this week. I know that's really weird since I have an aversion to most other meats right now, but Jon made himself a hot dog the other day and it kind of smelled amazing. Too bad it's on the "no no" list from the doctor :-(
Movement: I haven't felt anything since my possible episode last week, so I'll chalk that up to a big fat no :-(
Food Cravings: Avocados, popcorn shrimp, shrimp tacos, kiwi, veggie pizza, toaster strudels, Girl scout cookies....You know you're pregnant when you have to pause your workout video for a Girl Scout Cookie break! Don't worry, I chose the Lemonades as they are clearly the healthiest option out of my case of Peanut Butter Patties and Samoas.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Beef and chicken continue to lead the way on the queasy factor. I'm starting to get really frustrated by this because it's really hard to eat out. Do you know how difficult it is to find something vegetarian at Buffalo Wild Wings? I also really miss burger toppings but the thought of a burger makes me want to gag. Pregnant lady problems.
Have you started to show yet: There's definitely some bulk in the belly area now.
Gender: 21 more days!
Labor Signs: Nope
Wedding rings on or off? On and my fingers must be getting back to their regular size because they're not slipping as much anymore.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Movement! Any day now, Baby Legg...

5 comments:

  1. Oh shoot... I think I totally ate hotdogs when I was pregnant with Owen! Whoops...

    And about the sushi, as long as the fish is cooked my doctor said I was fine! So we'd get the rolls with the cooked fish inside and I'd just scrape off the raw fish on top! But it was definitely amazing to NOT have to do that once the babe was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel! I did have some avocado rolls the other day but it is definitely not the same! I miss my Philedelphia Rolls and Spicy Tuna Rolls something hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spicy Tuna rolls are the best! Hang in there...I definitely think the sushi bump present is still a great idea! :D And I hear you about the winter weather thing--I'm a Michigander and I was totally bummed when we got like 3 inches of snow yesterday and it's STILL snowing this morning! :( I mean, I love snow in December...but it's March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! You look so cute! As far your clothes, I am totally planning on depending on leggings and long dresses as much as possible. That should be easier in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, JustMe! The cold Minnesota winter (and now spring!) make it a bit more difficult...I'm just grateful that it will warm up by the time my belly really starts growing! How far along are you? And thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete