Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 18: Bigger Every Day!

I'm at week 18 and this baby belly is growing! I've also hit a panic stage where I've started freaking out about everything we need to get done over the next 22 weeks. My shopping gene is aching to buy stuff for baby and the nursery, but it's really difficult to do that when we're still 2 weeks out from finding out if Baby Legg is a boy or a girl. That hasn't totally stopped me as this week I purchased this adorable stuffed owl from Pier 1:


And this Mickey Mouse onesie set off of Zulily.com:

It was on sale for $10 and I just couldn't resist. It totally could be worn by a boy and if we have a girl I could pair it with a grey headband and legwarmers.

The Scentsy warmer that I ordered for the room just came in this week, too. So cute!


I know it probably looks like I'm inadvertently doing an owl theme for the room, but I really don't have a theme. Those owls just stood out to me!

I also was bound and determined to get our furniture figured out for the nursery this week. I've been scourging Craigslist for dressers to refurbish for the past several months and have not had a whole lot of luck. I did send Jon out into the middle of nowhere a few weeks ago for a dresser to turn into a changing table. He did his job and came back with the dresser as requested, but it was HUGE (like taking up half the room huge) and the drawers were pretty worn down. We sat with it for a couple of weeks trying to convince ourselves we could make it work, but we both really hated it. So back on Craigslist it goes and we ended up purchasing this one in Sauk Rapids on Friday:


It's much smaller and much nicer, and I can't wait to see what it turns out like once Jon sands it down and paints it white.

We then ventured out to Greenwood later that night on what was one of the scariest road trips I think I've ever been on, and after a lot of getting lost on terrifying, unpaved, covered in ice county road, we finally found the house where two teenage boys were literally standing outside holding the (small) dresser and threw it in the back of the van before we could even look at it. Jon and I were so stressed from the drive, I just gave them the $20 for the dresser and we drove off. When we looked in the back seat, we realized just how small the dresser was. It looked like a toy. I started laughing hysterically (mostly to keep from crying) and continued for about 10 minutes into our 1.25hr drive back home.


Now that it is home and in the room it really isn't THAT bad, but we're still holding off on painting it, and we continue to be on the lookout for another one that's a little taller. So if anyone knows someone trying to get rid of a four or five drawer dresser for cheap, keep us in mind!

We're planning on painting both dressers white and maybe doing an ombre effect on the 4-drawer dresser in either aqua or coral (depending on boy or girl). I also picked out these drawer pulls off of Ebay that we'll be ordering soon in order to get the dressers to match a little better. The first one is for if it's a girl and the second for a boy.



Jon's parents were generous enough to order us our crib this weekend, too! We ordered the Jenny Lind crib I've been ogling over for months and it should be here sometime next week already. Hooray!
  
AND they've also offered to give us the chair that they used to have in their living room that they recently upgraded. Here's a picture of Jon sitting in it several Christmases ago to give you an idea:

So that means despite my anxiety over not being able to really start shopping and planning, we still have all the big furniture items for the nursery figured out (with the exception of possibly replacing the second dresser)!

It's been a good week!


Oh, I also forgot to mention I've been a bit on the emotional side lately. Just about anything can reduce me not just to tears, but violent sobs nowadays. I usually am laughing through the crying though and profusely apologizing to Jon because I know I'm acting like a total nutjob, but I can't help it!

How far along? 18 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: The scale read 1lb heavier this week, though like I posted last week, our scale is kind of on the fritz. So maybe I'm back to 0lbs total gained rather than the negative, maybe not, or maybe I've gained more (the most likely scenario due to my ever growing belly), but I'll probably have to wait two more weeks 'til our next appointment to be sure what I'm at.
Maternity clothes? Still rocking the belly bands and leggings and have been wearing a lot more dresses now that the weather is finally starting to warm up (if you consider 35 degrees warm!)
Stretch marks? None yet
Best moment this week: All our purchases! Can't wait for the baby room to be cleaned out and setup!
Miss Anything? When we were grocery shopping yesterday those rotisserie chickens smelt oh so good, but the thought of physically eating some made my stomach churn. Dang food aversions!
Movement: I swear to goodness I felt something yesterday at the grocery store, but who knows. I think I'm just losing my mind over the anticipation.
Food Cravings: Avocados, toaster strudels, veggie pizza dipped in ranch, corn and bean salsa, cheese curds, brownies.....I also am really loving those Mio liquid water enhancers. I bought the mango peach and Berry Pomegranate and their really helping increase my water intake.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Beef and chicken. What's new?
Have you started to show yet: Um, yeah. Definite baby pudge sticking out now.
Gender: Two weeks from today is our ultrasound! Yeah!
Labor Signs: Nope
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Movement and finding out the gender. Jon and I and his parents all took off work the ultrasound day to go fabric shopping and to go to Ikea. I CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I cry at the Disney commercials and I'm not even pregnant! ;) And I love the owl stuff...I'm an avid owl collector, and there are so many cute owl things out there!

    ReplyDelete