Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 22: Same Old, Same Old

Not too much exciting or new happening this week.
 
Over the weekend we finally finished shopping for fabric and (with major help from Jon's mom) started work on making curtains for both baby's room and the kitchen and dining room. Yes, at a point where both time and finances are in a crunch, we decided to redo just about every window fixture in the house. But the drapes are almost done (just 3 valances and 2 roman shades left to sew!) and I'm happy we're getting it done now as it would probably be moved to the back burner for the next 5+ years unless we got it done before baby.
 
As far as everything else goes, it was a pretty ordinary week. I'm still keeping up with my pregnancy workout DVD (which I'm super proud I've lasted this long...I don't think I've ever stuck to a workout regimen for this long before!) and Jon is still picking away at sanding the two dressers. It's supposed to be in the 70s Saturday (YAY!) despite snow being in the forecast again today, so we're hoping to get outside this weekend to start painting them.




How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I forgot to weigh myself this morning so we'll stick with the 6 lbs up for now. Whoops! Edit: As of Wednesday, I'm up a total of 8 lbs from pre-pregnancy.
Maternity clothes? My last pair of jeans that still fit under my belly officially stopped buttoning on Friday so I'm officially 100% completely into belly band, leggings, and sweatpants territory.
Sleep? Sleep has been a lot better. I actually slept in until 8:30am on Sunday! It still takes a lot to find a comfortable position with my back, though.
Stretch marks? Nope, so far Bio Oil has been doing its job.
Best moment this week: Eating chicken for the first time in months!
Miss Anything? Sushi...Jon and I had a date night at Fuji Steakhouse on Friday and it was pretty painful seeing the gorgeous plates of sushi carried right past our table.
Movement: Tons! It's getting so intense now that we can even see some of the more powerful kicks! It's crazy how something that weighs only a pound can pack that much punch.
Food Cravings: Avocados, Buffalo Wheat Thins, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, the usual :-)
Anything making you queasy or sick: I still am pretty apprehensive when it comes to most meat dishes, but I ate chicken at Fuji on Friday and got some ingredients for Korean beef to make for dinner sometime this week. So I'm still picky about meat, but it doesn't make me queasy or sick.
Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still back pain and some crazy intense round ligament pain, but not much other than that.
Wedding rings on or offOn
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Possibly getting to paint the furniture this weekend and then I think we're planning to go register a week from Saturday! We also signed up for all our labor and newborn classes to start in June so I'm excited to get those going, too!

1 comment:

  1. Your board is adorable as always...love the scale! Hope pregnancy isn't getting boring/monotonous yet...I know for my engagement (which was about 9 months!) it was about halfway through that I was just ready to get married already and sick of being engaged; I'm sure I'll be the same way when I'm pregnant. Luckily those feelings didn't last :) (Though I'm still impatient!)

    ReplyDelete