Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 29: Back on Track and Feeling Good!




How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15 lbs up....10 more lbs to go to meet the minimum I'm supposed to hit.
Maternity clothes? Yes combined with my stretchy sundresses and a few pairs of pants that will still fit with help from my belly band.
Sleep? This is getting a bit more sparse. I've got good nights and bad nights, but for the most part back pain, restless legs, hunger, and having to get up to go to the bathroom have pretty much ruined my sleep schedule.
Stretch marks? Still none yet despite being terrible about doing my Bio Oil every night. It's been weeks since I've put it on...whoops. On the belly button front, it is dangerously close to the popping out line. The top is visibly sticking out a bit and the rest is pretty flat...not much of a hole there anymore. I'm wondering if having an outie will help me to get over my uneasiness with belly buttons since I'll be forced to see it and have things (namely my clothes) touching it every day. I'm shuddering at the thought, but maybe it will be good for me.
Best moment this week: Passing my gestational diabetes tests!!!!!!! YAY!!! We went in at 7:30am on Monday morning and after fasting since the previous night I was STARVING. They did an initial blood draw and then on an empty stomach I had to chug the nasty drink again, except this time it was fruit punch flavored which made it 10x worse since I hate fruit punch. I then got to sit around for 3 hours while they continued to do blood draws every hour for a total of four blood draws (including the pre-nasty-drink blood draw). The first hour I felt pretty ill and the nurse told me I was allowed to go throw up if I needed to since you only have to keep the drink down for 1/2 an hour. It wasn't necessary though as I started feeling a lot better by hour #2. I had heard how hellish the 3-hour glucose test is, but honestly it wasn't much worse than the first one I had had last week since the first hour was the worst part. After my hour #2 blood draw I had a nurse come and talk to me about the results they'd gotten back so far. To pass the test you need to be under the limit on 3 out of the 4 blood draws. For the initial blood draw you need to be under 95 and I was at 80, for the first blood draw after the drink (hour #1) you need to be under 180 and I was at 133. She told me she'd come find me after my hour #3 blood draw and if I had passed my hour #2, I was free to go before they got hour #3 back since I would have passed the required amount. Hour #2 results came back soon after my last blood draw and I was at 124, well under the required 155! I later found out that my hour #3 draw, which was supposed to be under 140, I was at 117 for. It feels SO good knowing that not only did I pass, but I passed 4 out of 4 with pretty huge margins so I don't need to sit and wonder if I maybe should have been treated (which I would have if I had just barely passed). I'm still going to watch how many desserts I'm eating and try and cut back on the sweets a bit, but it is still a huge relief!
Miss Anything? Bellinis and Woodchucks...sigh....With this nice weather I really just want to sit outside in the backyard with a Woodchuck. 73 more days....
Movement: Active as ever!
Food Cravings: Pickles and Peanut Butter Patties (not together, though I do like the alliteration)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl :-)
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain is getting progressively worse, restless legs every night (thanks to my hubby for the foot rubs to calm them down!), and heartburn is now becoming a growing issue, as well.
Wedding rings on or offOn
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Going to buy our car seat on Friday, our garage sale a week from Thursday, and two and a half weeks until another baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment