Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Week 38: Nothing Yet!

Well my hopeful predictions of Baby Legg arriving this past weekend were crushed and in fact, though I have becoming progressively more uncomfortable, she shows no signs of coming anytime soon :-( We're still stalled out at 1 cm dilated as of this morning, same as last week. We're so ready for you to get here...let's get the show on the road please!


How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 27 lbs up
Maternity clothes? Definitely. I've gotten pretty huge the past week, plus I've dropped even more significantly then last week so pretty much only maternity stuff is fitting these days.
Sleep? Almost none. I've had terrible insomnia on top of all the aches, pains, and bathroom trips. Yesterday morning I was up and wide awake at 3am.
Stretch marks? Still a ton but at least the itchiness has become manageable.
Best moment this week: Getting our to do list completely finished. There is no reason to keep stalling, Baby! The house is spotless, laundry is caught up, dishes are done, and I even painted my nails and shaved my legs. I'm ready!
Miss Anything? Lying on my stomach, getting a full night's sleep, Subway, and margaritas.
Movement: The past few days she's been more active than usual. Hopefully she's working on busting her way out of there.
Food Cravings: Grape soda and Nutella. Starting last night my appetite has been pretty much nonexistent, though, so nothing sounds super amazing.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling a little nauseous all around. I tried a bagel with cheddar and jalapeno cream cheese this morning on the way to the doctor and wanted to puke after one bite.
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still some minor swelling in my feet and ankles along with back pain, a ton of pressure down by my pelvic bone, insomnia, stronger and more frequent Braxton Hicks, nausea and loss of appetite
Labor Signs: 1 cm dilated, tons of Braxton Hicks, and I lost my mucus plug on Thursday (I know, gross)
Wedding rings on or off? On my pinky
Happy or Moody most of the time: Getting a little frustrated that I feel like I'm ready to go but my body isn't keeping up! I know she'll come when she's ready, though.
Looking forward to: Getting this baby out of me and into my arms!


To Do List:

Make Hospital Bag packing list
Pack Hospital Bag
Fold and organize baby clothes
Write out birth plan
Make list of "must do" items for when Baby gets here (breast pump delivery, short term disability form, etc)
Purchase remaining items off of registry
Make up some frozen meals for post baby
Write thank you cards for work baby shower
Write thank you cards for friends' baby shower
Figure out daycare
Stock up on postpartum items
Baby-proof the DVD shelf (have Jon attach it to the wall)
Put up the corner protectors in Baby's room
Figure out which insurance plan to set Baby up under
Write thank you cards for Legg family baby shower
Write thank you cards for Williams/Kammer family baby shower
Clean the house top to bottom


4 comments:

  1. The longer they're in there the less weird they look when they come out...Speaking as someone who was absolutely miserable last tri I realize that's no comfort, but it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premature baby are very prone to get hurt by the bright hospital lights. If anyone knows somebody who is giving birth to a premature baby then ask hospital staffs to dim the lights of the room where the baby is to be kept.

    Regards,
    Kunik Goel
    Surrogacy In India

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay always healthy during pregnancy. Visit the Doctor on time and Specially make your diet healthy and fresh always.

    ReplyDelete