Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week 30: It's Getting Hot in Here

Alright, I know I shouldn't be complaining about the heat when I complained for so long about the cold weather all the way through April, but do you know how hot 80 degrees feels to a 7 month pregnant woman?! It feels like I'm having hot flashes all day every day!

I'm smiling, but I'm actually NOT happy about that!

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Still 15 lbs up, no gain this week
Maternity clothes? All maternity all the time, partnered with some maxi dresses/skirts and a few pairs of pants I can still squeeze into with the belly band.
Sleep? On and off. I DID (or rather, Jon did) seem to find a cure for my restless legs, though! It's not really so much restless legs as it is restless feet...the second I lay down in bed my feet freak out and feel like they're trapped even when they're just laying out in the open. On Sunday night I started soaking my feet in scalding hot water for about 10 min (based on Jon's suggestion of what he used to do when he had this problem as a kid) right before bed and have been doing this every night since and haven't had one problem with restless legs/feet! It greatly increases my ability to fall asleep at night.
Stretch marks? Still haven't found any and I still haven't been using any ointments or oils in months. On the other hand, as you can see from the chalkboard post, my belly button is verging on the inevitable. Right now it is practically non-existent, not popped out but no real hole any more, either. We were down in the cities at The Nook for Father's Day on Sunday and I SWEAR it was popped out for a bit. I don't know if it was from eating too much or the way she was sitting, but I could definitely feel it out when I ran my hand over my belly and my sisters claim they could see it through my clothes. I was not a happy camper. When I stood up to go to the bathroom to check it out though, it was back to its flat state.
Best moment this week: Getting the car seat! We ended up getting the Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat in Harlow and it is pretty dang adorable (and gender neutral for any future babies :-) ) and also surprisingly light which will be helpful in lugging Baby Girl around! We got the car seat (which came with a base) plus two extra bases, one for Jon's car and one for Jon's parent's car, and with the 20% off coupon we had we got one of the bases for free. Score!
Miss Anything? Looking decent in a swimsuit? I want to go to a water park so bad in this heat!
Movement: Still super active, but it's changed to a lot more slow rolling then quick kicks. It feels a lot like the balls in those massage chairs moving around, only inside my stomach. It's super weird! I also felt definite hiccups the other night!
Food Cravings: Back on my lemonade kick! I want it all the time. That and milkshakes. Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Pink!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Heartburn and back pain (no more restless legs, knock on wood!) I've also started having a few instances of not being able to get enough air. I get out of breath trying to put my socks on, but that's been happening for a couple of weeks now. The other day I woke up on my back (shame shame!) and felt like my lungs weren't expanding all the way and I couldn't pull enough air into my body. I panicked at first but then rolled over onto my side and was fine again. This same thing has happened a couple of times since in different positions...Baby Girl must be beginning to venture up to my lungs.
Labor Signs: No, though I suppose I should add this one in now since I'm only 10 weeks out!
Wedding rings on or off? Still on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! With small bouts of moodiness/being over emotional
Looking forward to: Making lots of money (hopefully!) at our garage sale this weekend (cross your fingers for no rain!) and baby shower a week from Saturday!

I've also decided to start adding a To Do list to the end of my posts to keep me on track for all of the stuff we still have to get done over the next several weeks. Some of them are a little early to be thinking about, but it makes me feel better to have them on an organized list so that I know I won't forget about them:

Pack Hospital Bag
Fold and organize baby clothes
Write out birth plan
Make list of "must do" items for when Baby gets here (breast pump delivery, short term disability form, etc)
Purchase remaining items off of registery (ouch!)
Make up some frozen meals for post baby
Write thank you cards for work baby shower (already behind on this!)
Figure out daycare (wah!)
That's enough to keep me totally freaking out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment