Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Two Months!

Now that I no longer have weekly pregnancy updates to do, I've decided to do monthly updates on Penny's development and any fun things that have happened with her. Today Penelope AnnMarie turned two months old!


I cannot even believe how much she has changed in the past month. Or the past week. Heck, everyday it feels like she has learned something new or changed in some way. She smiles all the time now with the occasional giggle, she is constantly babbling and trying to imitate facial expressions, she can push herself way up during tummy time, and she is starting to grab for toys and can even grasp them for a few seconds at a time. It's so amazing how quickly she is becoming her own little person with such a big personality!

Weight: 11 lbs 14 oz (54th percentile)
Height: 22-1/2 in (42nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 41 cm (99th percentile)

Biggest Accomplishment This Month: Lifting her head 90 degrees and pushing her chest slightly off the floor during tummy time




Biggest Struggle This Month: Learning how to take naps in her playpen instead of being held through naps

Mommy's Favorite Moment: The couple of nights she has slept 8 hour stretches and whenever she gets a big grin on her face when she sees me after it's been a little while.

Mommy's Least Favorite Moment: When I was leaving to go see Little Mermaid that Daddy directed and Penny threw up all down my shirt. Not just down the front. Nope, filled my shirt and bra with throw up. I didn't have a change of clothes with me so I had to wipe the puke up with water and throw it in the dryer so at least it wouldn't look bad, but I still went to the show smelling like baby puke. Then, when I got back to pick Penny up from Grandma's, she pooped like I have never seen a baby poop before. The entire back of her onesie up to her neck was covered and all down her legs were coated in poo and we had to give her a bath in Grandma's kitchen sink. Baby Girl really went all out that day!

Daddy's Favorite Moment: Smiling back at me

Daddy's Least Favorite Moment: The night I was up with her screaming for an hour and a half straight.

Two Month Developmental Milestones According to What to Expect in the First Year (highlighted in green Penny has accomplished, highlighted in red she hasn't yet):

"By two months, your baby...should be able to:
*smile in response to your smile
*respond to a bell in some way, such as startling, crying, quieting

...will probably be able to:
*vocalize in ways other than crying (e.g., cooing)
*on stomach, lift head 45 degrees

...may even be able to:
*hold head steady when upright
*on stomach, raise chest, supported by arms
*roll over (one way)
*grasp a rattle held to back or tips of fingers
*pay attention to an object as small as a raisin (but make sure objects are kept out of baby's reach)
*reach for an object
*say "Ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination

...may possibly be able to:
*smile spontaneously
*bring both hands together
*on stomach, lift head 90 degrees
*laugh out loud
*squeal in delight
*follow an object held about 6 inches above the baby's face and moved 180 degrees (from one side to the other), with baby watching all the way"

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I love your blog! Congrats on the beautiful baby girl! Can I ask what region of the US you live in? The hubs and I are thinking of leaving CA and moving somewhere else, so I'm asking any and every one I come across. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy that I stumbled upon your blog and come to find out, your little girls name is Penelope too!! She's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete