Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

Well Jon, little Baby Legg, and I all made it through the apocalypse and the holiday season. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

We started the holiday weekend off first by going to TGI Fridays with the Symallas and the Potter/Seamens couples to ring in the last Friday ever. We had a great time, but not drinking was really hard, especially because I had to lie and say I couldn't have any alcohol with a medication I was taking. My suspicion that no one believed this was confirmed when Megan and Erin called me out in the bathroom and I may or may not have let the real reason slip. Whoops!

Saturday morning I had Annie rehearsal which I left early at 1pm to head over to my in-law's to celebrate Christmas with Jon's dad's family on Saturday. Due to staying out late the night before (11pm should not feel as late as it did!) and a dance rehearsal (though very tame) I felt like I had been run over by a truck and I was a pretty big downer. Again, it was hard not to be able to give an explanation for my sluggishness since no one there knew besides Jon.

Sunday was the day we were going to tell my dad and sisters the big news. I laid in bed for most of the morning while Jon made and decorated a cookie cake with the announcement on it. We brought our wedding DVD over to my parents' house to watch since none of my family had seen it yet and when we went upstairs, this was sitting on the counter to surprise everyone:


Of course there was pretty much non-stop baby talk the rest of the evening.

Monday morning was Christmas Eve and I, always having spectacular timing, woke up with my first run in with morning sickness. I never actually got ill, but until about 4:30pm I didn't eat much of anything and felt nauseous when I moved around too much. Christmas Eve is celebrated at my grandma's house, we drove to Minnetonka around 1:30pm and I stuck to the couch for most of the day. When we finally opened presents that evening, the first one to be opened was a card we made for my grandma.

FRONT
 
INSIDE

She immediately started crying and talking about how excited she was to have a baby around again. My baby sister Gill is currently the youngest at age 15 so it's been awhile since any little ones have been around.


Christmas morning we woke up bright and early at my parents' house to exchange gifts. My dad got us a video baby monitor which we both loved. In fact, out of all the presents we got, this is what Jon immediately started playing with when we got home that night.



We obviously haven't used it to much yet, but in our initial testing we really liked it! The camera is actually really good quality and the night vision is pretty impressive. The speakers picked up Jon's slightest whispering, too, so all around we give it an A+ so far. And it was our first baby gift so it was pretty exciting!

We went to church with Jon's mom and dad where my nausea started to creep up again. I took it easy with a PB&J for lunch when we swung by our house so Karen and Jimm could see our Christmas decorations. We went back to their place to meet Tom, Jon's brother, to open gifts. We started this gift opening with a children's book for each of them (Where the Wild Things Are for Jimm, Corduroy for Karen, and Alexander the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day for Tom) each of which Jon had written "Please read to me on August 24, 2013 Love, Baby Legg" on the inside cover.



Tom got it right away but it took Jimm and Karen a few seconds to realize what was going on.



All in all it was a great Christmas weekend, though very exhausting. Coming back to work today was anything but enjoyable! On a plus note, I did order Sesame Street: Old School DVDs Volumes 1, 2, and 3 last night for Baby Legg to get some quality TV time when he/she's big enough.


Did you know that Sesame Street no longer lets Cookie Monster eat cookies because it contributes to obesity and Snuffleupagus and Oscar are no longer characters because Snuffleupagus hints at Big Bird having hallucinations and Oscar is too grouchy?! My child will only watch the good stuff, none of that PC crap!

Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment