Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 33: Big Checks!

Well we've gotten some huge things accomplished this week! Yay! Even with all the 4th of July festivities keeping us busy, we've managed to check off some huge items on our list. AND the finishing touches on Baby Legg's room are finally complete so watch for a nursery reveal post in the next couple of days :-D

Along with the nursery, the biggest thing we can cross off is figuring out daycare! *INSERT HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF HERE* We had gotten a list sent to us of recommended centers and at home daycares in our area a few weeks ago, and this past week Jon started going down the list and calling all the ones that met our qualifications. Besides a couple of centers (which we definitely wouldn't be able to afford right now) all of the people on this list either didn't have any infant openings until sometime next year, closed at 5pm (I get off work at 5 and Jon gets off at 6), or both. I wanted to cry as our already small list of options was dwindling fast.

Then, out of nowhere, my amazing mom offered to nanny Baby Girl at our house! Both Jon and I are absolutely thrilled with this plan for about a million different reasons, but the top three being 1) we feel sooooooo much better knowing that she'll be with someone we know and trust, 2) it will be at our house so we don't have to lug all her stuff to daycare every day and we can come home on lunch breaks and see her, and 3) we can put off this awful childcare search for at least awhile longer. SO excited and SO grateful to my family for being able to work this out!



How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Holding strong at 19 lbs gained
Maternity clothes? Pretty exclusively wearing dresses as they're just the most comfortable option. It's been jeans/casual attire at work this week and last week, so I've been trying to squeeze myself into some of my jeans and capris with help from my belly band, but not too comfortably!
Sleep? Again, some nights are better than others. Sunday night I got next to nothing for sleep as it took me forever to get to sleep to begin with, then I had to get up to go to the bathroom a million times and couldn't get back to sleep when I got back. Monday night I slept fine, though. I wish I knew what I was doing differently on those nights that I'm able to zonk out almost instantly!
Stretch marks? Haven't found any yet and my belly button is still shifting back and forth between being flat and almost out.
Best moment this week: Figuring out childcare, hands down!
Miss Anything? Laying on my belly, wearing normal clothes, corn dogs....
Movement: Slowed down a bit this week...I think she's running out of room in there!
Food Cravings: Lemonade and water. I'm thirsty ALL the time lately.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain and a few Braxton Hicks here and there. She has been kicking my lungs like crazy this week and I feel like I can't catch my breath even when I'm just sitting or lying down. A small amount of rib pain and some swelling in my ankles on and off depending on the weather.
Labor Signs: Not really. Very few Braxton Hicks but it barely even feels like anything except that my skin is too tight for my body.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Another newborn class, our appointment to make sure our car seats are installed correctly, and a tour of the birthing center are all next week. Plus about a week and a half until the next baby shower!

To Do List:

Pack Hospital Bag
Fold and organize baby clothes
Write out birth plan
Make list of "must do" items for when Baby gets here (breast pump delivery, short term disability form, etc)
Purchase remaining items off of registry
Make up some frozen meals for post baby
Write thank you cards for work baby shower
Write thank you cards for friends' baby shower
Figure out daycare
Stock up on postpartum items
Baby-proof the DVD shelf (have Jon attach it to the wall)
Put up the corner protectors in Baby's room

Getting there, but we've still got lots to do!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, by the way! I have been following along for a number of weeks and haven't ever commented. You look great! My blog is: http://babylute2013.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete