Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 35: Achy, Achy, Achy!

Well, I have officially hit the uncomfortable stage this week! The terrible pain from last week has subsided, but my back pain has gotten worse again and is making sleeping difficult. I can't even roll over in bed without my entire lower back cramping up to the point I have to wake up Jon and have him help me get up because I physically can't move. I also woke up in the middle of the night with my first ever Charlie horse the other night....wowza is that terrible! Waking up screaming in pain with no idea what the hell is going on is not fun!

Besides the aches and pains, we had a pretty great week! Wednesday we had our tour of the birthing center at St Cloud hospital that was absolutely incredible (video tour can be seen here). Super happy to be giving birth after all the renovations! Plus taking the tour made it feel really real that I will be there in a few short weeks!

On Saturday, my mother-in-law threw Jon and me a lovely baby shower, and tons of Jon's family came out to celebrate Baby Legg with us! We had a great time and are super lucky to have such a great family!



I am wearing a pink belt with this dress, but you can't see it since it has been sucked into the abyss created by my pregnant chest and belly.....




Sunday we went to a Twins game which I was super excited about because I didn't think we would make it to one this year. It was HOT, but we had awesome seats, nachos, and lemon ices to make it all worthwhile. It wasn't the best game, but we had the best time!


I may look like a whale in this picture, but those are pre-pregnancy jeans I'm rocking (with help from my belly band) so take that, world!

In world news, Prince William and Kate Middleton had their baby boy yesterday. Sigh...Princess Kate, always trying to steal my thunder.



How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 21 lbs up...nothing gained this week despite my valiant efforts to eat as much as possible at the Twins game.
Maternity clothes? I'm still using the belly band with pre-pregnancy stuff on the rare occasion, but dresses and maternity pants are just so much more comfortable at this point!
Sleep? Getting more and more difficult!
Stretch marks? Several dark ones around my belly button (which is generally more outie then innie these days) but I'm hoping Bio Oil will stop any more from forming and/or keep the current ones from growing.
Best moment this week: Too many to choose from! Birth center tour, baby shower, and the Twins game were all highlights!
Miss Anything? Being able to have a beer in the heat at the baseball game.
Movement: Definitely not as much movement as before, just a lot of body parts sticking out at weird angles. I freaked Jon out Sunday night when I showed him how my belly had momentarily turned into the shape of a pyramid....I think she had her knee up in the middle of my belly or something. It is the most bizarre thing to watch happen to your body!
Food Cravings: Woodchucks, hot dogs, Diet Coke...all things I can't have!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl! Oh, man...please be a girl or we're screwed!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back aches, especially my lower back and tail bone. Swelling in my ankles and feet have been pretty bad since our garage sale a month back, but it isn't painful and some days are better then others.
Labor Signs: If I've been having any Braxton Hicks I don't even notice them anymore. I am wondering, however, if she's started to drop at all because my heartburn has been less severe but my back pain has increased. Guess we'll find out at our appointment a week from today.
Wedding rings on or off? On and not too tight. Maybe I'll make it all the way through with them!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Back to being happy despite the discomfort. It just reminds me how close we are to the end!
Looking forward to: My last baby shower on Thursday with my family, prepping some frozen meals this weekend with my sisters for after baby gets here, and our 36 week appointment on Tuesday!


To Do List:

Make Hospital Bag packing list
Pack Hospital Bag (almost done!)
Fold and organize baby clothes
Write out birth plan
Make list of "must do" items for when Baby gets here (breast pump delivery, short term disability form, etc)
Purchase remaining items off of registry (shopping list made)
Make up some frozen meals for post baby (that's the plan for this weekend)
Write thank you cards for work baby shower
Write thank you cards for friends' baby shower
Figure out daycare
Stock up on postpartum items
Baby-proof the DVD shelf (have Jon attach it to the wall)
Put up the corner protectors in Baby's room
Figure out which insurance plan to set Baby up under
Write thank you cards for Legg family baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment