Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 32: Happy Fourth!

I'm well into week 32 now and the fourth of July is tomorrow! What could be better? Highlights from this week:

*Our basement flooding is finally slowing down! Jon only goes down once or twice a day now to squeegee water into the drain. Hopefully it will be completely done soon so we can get the sump pump installed and we can water our lawn safely again!

*Had my first ever pregnancy massage on Friday! While it was nice (and free, so I definitely shouldn't complain) it was a little bit of a letdown since I like a lot of pressure when I get a massage and my masseuse was very gentle which just makes me feel frustrated (PUSH HARDER!!!!). I don't know if it was just the masseuse's style or if that's a trademark of pregnancy massages since maybe they can't safely apply a ton of pressure? Either way, I still have some killer knots and tight muscles that are longing for attention. The best part, in all honesty, was lying in their specially designed bed that allowed me to lie on my stomach for the first time in months! It took so much pressure off my lower back and made me feel like a normal person for that short hour, and I almost forgot I was pregnant until I had to stand back up and had all that weight on me again! It was pretty heavenly and I kind of wish I could swing buying one of these for home use!
*Baby Shower! Three of my great friends threw me a fantastic baby shower on Saturday and I had lots of lovely ladies show up to help me celebrate and shower Baby Legg with gifts. The outfits I got for Baby Girl were so flippin cute it was hard not to cry...it made me so excited for her to get here!







Plus the food was all delicious and I got to make myself some bellinis with alcohol-free champagne. Yum! ALMOST as good as the real thing ;-)

*While putting away all our baby shower gifts, Jon gained confidence in his diaper changing skills (one of his biggest worries) by practicing with our new diapers on one of Baby's Jellycats



*Got to see Monsters University finally! Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies so I had been really looking forward to this, though my back pain did make for a bit of an uncomfortable viewing experience.

Enjoying milkshakes before the movie. That's me in the back right. So pretty...
*32 week doctor's appointment....Baby Girl is already head down! With how short I am, it is pretty unlikely that she'll have enough room to flip back over again so there is a good chance she won't be breach. What a relief!



How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 19 lbs up, close to 20 lbs. I'm no longer worried that I will hit my minimum weight gain :-O
Maternity clothes? Still able to squeeze myself into a few of my pre-pregnancy pants with help from my belly band, but my options are pretty limited to maternity clothes these days. I realized yesterday that I don't even really remember anymore what it is like to be able to zip up pants.
Sleep? Sigh...on and off. Consistently having to get up and pee in the middle of the night and having a hard time getting comfortable with back pain, but my restless legs/feet are virtually gone now that I soak them in hot water every night before bed.
Stretch marks? Still none that I'm able to spot, though I can't really see the bottom of my belly anymore and I highly doubt Jon would ever tell me if he saw any. He knows better...
Best moment this week: Baby shower and finding out Baby Girl is head down!
Miss Anything? Laying on my belly whenever I want, being able to sit comfortably, and with the Fourth of July this week, I definitely miss being able to have a cold one ;-) Maybe I'll pick some Izzes as a substitute for the festivities Thursday.
Movement: Man she is starting to get vicious! She LOVES the right side. 9 times out of 10 she will be nuzzled over in the corner of the right side of my stomach. I often look like I have mini tumors as she elbows the middle of my stomach or pushes her butt out the top of my stomach.
Food Cravings: Lemonade, Izzes, milkshakes, Reeses...all the usuals.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. I'm pretty picky about when I want something and when I don't, but nothing ever makes me queasy.
Gender: Girlie Girl
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain, heartburn, a small amount of rib pain, and a few Braxton Hicks though they've been pretty few and far between. The swelling has been MUCH better this week now that it's not as humid, thank goodness!
Labor Signs: A couple Braxton Hicks but nothing big
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Celebrating the Fourth this week and one of our newborn classes next Tuesday

To Do List:

Pack Hospital Bag
Fold and organize baby clothes
Write out birth plan
Make list of "must do" items for when Baby gets here (breast pump delivery, short term disability form, etc)
Purchase remaining items off of registry
Make up some frozen meals for post baby
Write thank you cards for work baby shower
Write thank you cards for friends' baby shower
Figure out daycare
Stock up on postpartum items (hand sanitizer for guests, pads, stool softeners...you know, all the fun stuff)
Baby-proof the DVD shelf (have Jon attach it to the wall)
Put up the corner protectors in Baby's room

I have not made much progress on this list....probably time to kick it into high gear! Baby Legg will be coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Allie you're getting so close! I can't wait to see your beautiful little girl, who I'm sure will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete