Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 9: One More Week!

Only one more week until my shows are over and I can look forward to coming home and passing out on my couch every night after work! I'm so excited! Jon will still be at rehearsals for Charlotte's Web Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, though, so I will be home all alone with Bella, getting fat and watching Grey's Anatomy.

Last Thursday, the day after our doctor's appointment where they gave me the flu shot, I ended up taking the afternoon off of work since I was the sickest I think I've ever been. Rolling over or sitting up would cause me to throw up. My mom stopped by while Jon was at work and brought me apples, took Bella out to the bathroom, and did the dishes. So grateful for that! To make myself feel better, I stayed curled up in bed watching Pretty Woman and posted our pictures on Facebook to announce Baby Legg. We had Jon's brothre take them for us at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago and they're nothing fancy but I thought they turned out pretty cute!





Morning sickness is still in full swing and, though some days are better than others, I'm greatly looking forward to the day when I wake up and am able to eat like a normal human being again.



How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Still at 0 lbs
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? None
Best moment this week: Brainstorming nursery ideas and announcing to the Facebook world that Baby Legg is on the way!
Miss Anything? I miss enjoying food. You know when you have the stomach flu for a couple of days and how excited you are to eat normal food once you're feeling better? It's like that except that it's already been four weeks of sick with at least another three more expected. I absolutely cannot wait to be able to have a piece of lasagna!
Movement: None yet
Food cravings: Rice, popsicles (and when I keep saying popsicles I really mean those Edy's Fruit Bars. Holy crap I die over those right now), and apples with peanut butter have been my foods of choice lately
Anything making you queasy or sick: Absolutely. Everything less rice, popsicles, and apples with peanut butter.
Have you started to show yet: A little but it is still looking more like your average muffin top then a baby bump.
Gender: We've pretty much decided that we're going to find out. Jon won me over by playing to my planner side. Dangit.
Labor Signs: No way
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sleep deprivation and hormones have left me a little moody. I'm hoping when I can start getting more sleep next week that this will turn around.
Looking forward to: This week being over! And the end of the first trimester in a couple of weeks!

P.S. We totally did not get to hear the heartbeat at our appointment last Wednesday :-( The nurse said she could try and find it but she didn't recommend it as often times it is still too early at 8 weeks to hear the heartbeat and not hearing it would more than likely really freak us out. I agreed that I would probably be in a panic if we didn't hear it (even if I was told that there was a chance we wouldn't be able to hear it yet), so we opted to take her advice and wait until our 12 week appointment. February 11th cannot come soon enough so that I can finally hear that little heart and put my mind at ease!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you are ready for lasagna! I would love to make some for you.

    ReplyDelete