Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 12: It Feels Real!

Yay! We had our 12 week appointment today and finally got to meet the doctor we will be working with, Dr. Robin Marushin at CentraCare. LOVE! Based on our first appointment, I would totally recommend her to anyone. I came in with a big, long list of questions that she seemed happy to answer, and she totally put my mind at ease on a bunch of pregnancy and labor details I've been stressing over. She was super friendly, super sweet, and didn't make me feel at all stupid about the fact that Jon and I are completely in over our heads on all this pregnancy knowledge. Most exciting of all, we got to hear the heartbeat!!!!!



How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -3 lbs...now while I haven't probably lost 3 lbs in one week, I did post last week that I had gained a pound. Well apparently I must have weighed myself at a different time of day and/or my scale is off form the doctor's scale because at our appointment today they told me I've lost 2 lbs. Not to worry, they said it's not a big deal as long as I aim to start gaining around a pound a week once I can start eating a little better.
Maternity clothes? Well today I actually wore a maternity sweater dress but it's one of those that expands as you grow so it would fit me normally...not sure if that really counts. Jon's parents were nice enough to take me shopping for several new dresses (maternity and not) that will be able to fit my future big belly in and I ordered a bunch of stuff off of OldNavy.com during their 40% off sale this past week.
Stretch marks? None!
Best moment this week: HEARING BABY'S HEARTBEAT! It was so exciting! Our doctor found it right away (thank goodness or I would have freaked out!) but then Baby Legg kept jumping and cartwheeling around so she had to keep trying to follow him/her! Guess we'll have a little gymnast!
Miss Anything? I miss being able to handle meat. I'm really sick of either avoiding all meals that contain meat or picking off any meat that's in anything because it makes me gag!
Movement: Haven't felt it, but apparently Baby Legg is a mover and a shaker!
Food cravings: Apples and peanut butter are still the big go-to. I prepped a bunch of smoothie stuff yesterday so that I have a quick, healthy breakfast in the morning. Both recipes I used were ones I found on pregnancy sites that are high in protein and calcium, two things I'm not getting a lot of these days...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yup! When I was getting the individual-sized portions of smoothie ingredients divided up I was gagging at the sight of the yogurt. Blaugh!
Have you started to show yet: Just a little. My doctor today said I looked fabulous! Another reason she's a winner because it's definitely what I needed to hear while I'm feeling like a balloon!
Gender: Don't know yet. Our doctor made sure to give us a pre-scolding today on not going and trying to figure out the sex of the baby based on the heartbeat. Dang, she already knows me!
Labor Signs: Nope
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to the day when I can feel this baby's acrobatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment