Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week 27: Nursery is *Close to* Done!

The big accomplishment over this past week/weekend was painting and putting together the nursery! With help from the in-laws, we not only got the entire nursery painted (the goal for the week), but we also got the crib assembled, the dressers moved back in, some closet organizers made, the initial clothes organized (well...I sorted them by size; I haven't organized them in the dressers yet), and everything hung on the walls! Right now all we are missing is sheets for the crib, the quilt to be finished, the lining for the toy baskets to be finished, the arrival of a couple of Jellycat stuffed animals that I ordered, and I'm toying around with the idea of finding one more wall hanging for a currently bare spot on the wall. I'm absolutely in LOVE with the nursery though and I don't think I could possibly be happier with how it all turned out!

I've had a few requests for pictures, but I'm holding out until the nursery is 100% finished. The kitchen did get finished, though so here are a couple pictures of that.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



The orange shows up much brighter in these pictures then it actually is....it's more of a burnt orange then the tangerine color that's showing up.


The boys also got the really ugly, eyesore trees in front of our house cut down that I've been complaining about since we moved in.

The trees were ugly from the day we moved in, but they got worse after this winter's heavy snow. Now they do this lovely tipping thing...

Blegh

Not so cute

Get it out of here boys!


Yay! Much better! Makes the house look so much bigger!

And to wet your taste buds until the nursery reveal, here's a little sneak peak...



Hopefully everything else will come together over the next few weeks and I can post a ton of pictures of every inch of the room.



How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs up...I gained a whopping 2 lbs this week which is the biggest jump I've had so far!
Maternity clothes? Yup! I ordered a nursing bra this week to use as a regular bra for the rest of my pregnancy since my last bra that fits me well broke last week and I can't justify spending a ton of money on a new bra that may not even fit once I slim back down a bit.
Sleep? Some days are better than others. I was sick with a bad cold this week (yay for being sick when you can't take anything to make you feel better!) which both helped and hurt in the sleep department. It helped since it wiped me out so much that I was able to fall asleep pretty quickly, but hurt in the fact I kept waking up with a cough and a plugged up face every couple of hours :-(
Stretch marks? Nothing yet, but my belly button keeps getting closer and closer to what I'm hoping isn't the inevitable pop!
Best moment this week: So much nursery goodness!
Miss Anything? Benadryl and Sudafed
Movement: She's started a new phase where she no longer just kicks but likes to push along my entire stomach so it's just a big wave of movement from one end to the other. This has gotten so powerful that Jon was able to see it from the other end of the couch one night! It's kind of cool, but it also feels really weird and I kind of wish I could just go back to the cute little kicks! On the other hand, I suppose it's a sign that she's getting closer and closer to being ready to bust out of there, so I'll deal with the crazy movement if it means she's on her way soon!
Food Cravings: Coldstone cheesecake ice cream, pepperoni popper pizza from Dimaggios, and lasagna
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain, restless legs, and cramping. I also had a little constipation (TMI?) this week which I don't think I've ever had before in my life!
Wedding rings on or offOn
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! This week is super stressful (Sound of Music auditions Wednesday and Thursday with callbacks Friday, court date Thursday morning, and my annual review at work on Friday) so I'll be even happier when it's over!
Looking forward to: This week being over, finally being in the third trimester, our first labor class this Saturday, and a joint baby shower at work next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment