Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 24: Registery? Check!

Yay for keeping busy! Dressers are completely done and they look fantastic,mostly thanks to my dear husband! I did help with some painting, but I mostly supported his efforts from the comfort of my lawn chair...

This one was our Craigslist find that we will be attaching the changing pad on top of so that it can double as a changing station:

Before

AFTER!!!


And this one is the 5-drawer dresser we got for FREE from friends:

Before

AFTER!!!


Hopefully later this week I'll get around to posting a tutorial on what we (*he*) did for anyone that's interested.

Now that the dressers are done I'm getting really anxious to get the room painted so we can get everything hung/setup in the nursery. It's looking right now like the tiny room may become a bit overcrowded, but I'm hoping we'll figure out a layout that works. Unfortunately our weekends are pretty booked up until the end of May though, so I'm going to have to continue to be (*not so*) patient.

We also got all of our registering done this weekend which was both fun and a pain in the butt at the same time. I don't know why I thought baby registering would be so much more fun then wedding registering (which we kind of hated), especially when we are complete morons when it comes to knowing what babies ACTUALLY need vs. what everyone TELLS you that they need. We did go in much more organized this time which made it quite a bit easier. I put my OCD traits to use and put together this ultimate baby registering sheet (CLICK HERE to view our registry excel sheet guide) that listed everything we wanted/needed, the brand of most things I had decided on after months of research, which stores carried which items (TS= Target in store, BS= Babies 'R Us in store, TO= Target online, BO- Babies 'R Us online), how many of each item to register for, as well as columns to check off where we registered for each item and the price. I know I sound like a lunatic, but it was really helpful in preventing us from getting totally overwhelmed in the store. We did end up changing some stuff, so don't use this excel sheet to go look for purchases, but I thought I'd share if it was helpful to someone else beginning their registry.

Anyways, the final Amazon.com, Target, and Babies 'r Us registries are complete and I'm very relieved!



How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: My scale was a little wonky again this week (one minute it said I was down a pound and the next it said I was up) so I'll keep it at 9 lbs gained for now. We have our doctor's appointment on Friday where I can better confirm where I'm at.
Maternity clothes? I'm rocking my new maternity capris from the Gap today as well as a maternity tank top my mom got me for an early birthday present.
Sleep? Varies from day to day. I'll have nights where I do fine and I think it's getting better, and then I'll have a night like last night where I toss and turn most of the night.
Stretch marks? None that I've found
Best moment this week: FINISHING our registry.
Miss Anything? Moscoto and sushi and Subway
Movement: Crazy as ever! My sisters were over Saturday night and wanted to feel her move though, so of course she was the quietest she's ever been and barely moved at all for them. Sunday night after some Cold Stone ice cream though I thought she was going to come bursting out of my belly she was wiggling and punching so hard!
Food Cravings: Cold Stone ice cream, guacamole, Peanut Butter Patties, and PB&Js
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Girl!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain, some crazy hard round ligament pain up under my ribs, and a little emotional as usual...
Wedding rings on or offOn
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :-D
Looking forward to: Finishing the baby room!

1 comment:

  1. Love how the dressers turned out, Allison! Can't wait to see how your nursery comes out!

    ReplyDelete